As I have said before, at Glevum we are always keen to involve those of our community with disabilities or health issues wherever possible. To this end we have signed up to the government’s Disability Confident scheme and have already achieved the level 1 grade known as Committed.
To do so we have agreed to comply with these commitments:
1. We ensure our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible to all. This involves things such as providing information in large print formats to avoid discrimination against people with sight issues.
2. We communicate and promote vacancies, involving Job Centre Plus and other recruitment organisations and advertising our vacancies through a variety of different channels.
3. We offer to interview disabled people. Providing they meet the minimum requirements for a vacancy we are always happy to offer interviews to disabled applicants.
4. We anticipate and provide reasonable adjustments as required to ensure disabled workers are not disadvantaged when carrying out their work.
5. We offer support to any existing employees who acquire a disability or long term health condition so that they may remain in work if at all possible.
In addition we are required to offer a disabled person an activity that will make a difference to them.
At Glevum we remain committed to working closely with our community and see this scheme as a vital part of that commitment.